Zi

Rescue Stories

BABY MONKEY - MANCHU

2 days old baby monkey found at the Vijay Cross-road area, his mom died because of electric shock. We rescued the baby monkey and gave him the name Manchu, now Manchu is 3 months old and playing with dogs.

SAVE THE VULTURE

During the kite flying day, ASHA staff rescued a vulture which is a victim of the glass coated kite thread. Dr. Dave and Dr Michela did surgery and after one and half months, the vulture became healthy again and was released at the same place where we rescued it.

TREATMENT OF CAMEL

A Camel met with an accident while pulling a cart loaded with irons bars. Vets of ASHA went to the site and provided treatment.

RESCUE OF INJURED SNAKE

People were beating a snake with sticks and all of a sudden ASHA staff reached the spot and rescued the injured snake. Dr. Kim Barrow then treated the injured snake.

TREATMENT OF THE MONKEY

Due to a road accident, a monkey lost his leg and Dr. Lauren, a UK vet, treated the injured Monkey.

TREATMENT OF INJURED ELEPHANT

A 65 year old female elephant had a deep wound and was in terrible pain.

TREATMENT OF THE DONKEY

A Donkey was suffering from gastric problem and Tumor. Dr Kim Barrow from London gave the necessary treatment.

TREATMENT OF SARAS CRANE

A Volunteer of ASHA foundation rescued an injured Saras Crane at Viramgam highway and we kept it under treatment for 3 months.

RESCUED REPTILES

People call the ASHA foundation to rescue reptiles; we rescue it, treat it and then release the reptile back in its natural habitat.

TREATMENT OF A STREET DOG

A Street dog met with a road accident and was very serious. It needed a major operation and our team of efficient vets operated on him in time and saved his life.

TREATMENT OF A CAMEL

A Camel who was injured by a truck that hit him on the national highway was rescued by our staff members who went to the spot immediately and gave the required treatment which helped the camel to survive.

TREATMENT OF THE MONKEY

In another incident, a monkey who had touched a live electrical wire was zapped by the high voltage and lost both his arms and was thought to be as good as dead but ASHA foundation gave it the necessary treatment and today it still lives.

TREATMENT OF THE COW

There was a cow who was suffering from a horn infection because of which it had to suffer tremendous pain in its head. It was treated by our doctors who removed its infected horn.

CASES OF VULTURES, EAGLES & OWLS

We have also received cases of vultures, eagles and owls who are said to be on the verge of being extinct, they were given a new life by our institution on Kite Flying Day when broken glass coated thread cut their wings making them unable to fly. They were saved but they have to spend their entire life in a cage.

FEMALE STREET DOG

A female street dog was suffering from acute uterus cancer and when we came to know about it, we brought her to ASHA and carried out a major operation to remove her tumour. Today she is free from pain and lives a healthy life.

TREATMENT OF DOG

There are instances where owners abandon their pet after the pet develops some disease. This was the case with a German shepherd who was left because maggots had developed in its wound and the same with a Pomerian because it was suffering from skin disease.

UTTRAYAN FESTIVAL

Many migratory birds that lost their wings during UTTARAYAN (kite flying) FESTIVAL have also been given shelter by us as they cannot fly anymore.

KITE FLYING FESTIVAL DAY

We climb high roof tops and trees to rescues pigeons who are victims of the kite flying day.

RESCUE OF ABANDONED HORSES

We have rescued many abandoned horses off the streets. Some of the rescued horses were starving. When the horses are too old or sick to work, the owners abandon them on the streets. Some horses had been badly beaten by their owners and had terrible injuries. Also, some owners were removing their horse’s shoes and selling to customers who consider that horseshoes are lucky. Horseshoes are only meant to be replaced every 1-2 years. If a horse’s shoes are pulled off daily, it is torture for the horse and also causes bad feet infection.